Telephone: 020 3095 7740
How much does IT Support cost for a small business?
The cost of IT support for a small business in the UK varies. The average price per hour for remote IT Support in the UK is around £85 per hour remotely. However, prices range from £60-120 depending on where you live, with London prices being higher. On-Site support, where an IT specialist will visit you in your business, on average is around £95 per hour plus a call-out fee, but again, prices vary, especially within the capital.
What does Remote IT Support Cost?
Prices for remote IT support vary throughout the UK and are generally, higher in London. The average price for fixing computer problems online is around £85.00 for 1 hour of computer support. Remote support isn't just about reactively fixing issues as they arise, it's about maintaining business IT systems to prevent them from causing downtime. Ensuring your business IT runs smoothly allows you to concentrate on growing your business.
What are the benefits of Remote IT Support?
Being able to remotely maintain business IT systems and resolve issues as they occur is a benefit to all businesses, large and small. Ad-hoc support is available for those who need support right now, to fix an individual issue. Equally, if you have a number of computers and end-users, an IT support service may be more appropriate.
TOP 5 Benefits of Remote IT Support
- Computer problems are resolved faster.
- Lower cost per hour when compared with an engineer call-out.
- Lower carbon footprint due to less travel.
- Ability to connect to computers remotely, anywhere in the world, at any time.
- After-hours support with no requirement for IT staff to stay in the office.
What does On-Site IT Support Cost?
Small business IT support pricing varies throughout the UK, with rates ranging from around £95 per hour to £200 for more senior IT specialists. At the time of writing, SysFix IT Support charge £142.50 ex vat for the first 1.5 hours of service which equates to £95 per hour. There's no call-out fee if the travel time to your office is less than 1 hour. As you can imagine, 2 hours of travel time still attracts 2 hours of an engineer's salary and travel expenses which is why we have a minimum fee of 1.5 hours.
Other IT support companies may price their services differently. Some will charge an hourly rate plus a call-out fee on all appointments where some will simply charge just an hourly rate. Of course, whilst the price of service can differ greatly, so can the quality of service and skill-set. Whoever you choose as your IT support provider, check their reviews and be sure they're a good fit for your business.
What are the benefits of On-Site IT Support?
Having an onsite IT presence brings benefits to both parties. You, as a client, have the opportunity of engaging with IT staff, being able to ask questions in a different manner, and being able to explain any frustrations or business requirements in much more detail.
TOP 5 Benefits of On-Site IT Support
- A more personal service
- Ability to spot physical issues that would otherwise go unnoticed remotely
- Employees often forget to log smaller issues but feel they can raise them quickly when there's an on-site presence
- It gives staff the chance to meet face to face
- Not all problems can be fixed remotely
Other Costs and Considerations
IT support pricing is a lot more than just sourcing an IT support company to manage your IT systems.
- Replacing aging equipment, generally, every 3-5 years
- Antivirus and security subscriptions for each device
- Email subscriptions such as Office 365 or GSuite
- Voice over IP telephone costs and subscriptions
- The cost of printing, replacing toner cartridges and paper
- The cost of electricity to power all your devices
- Business insurance to cover theft of equipment
- Cybersecurity insurance
- Annual price increases
- Staff training
Book a meeting with us
Speak to us about outsourcing your IT support and onboarding onto one of our Fixed Price IT Support Packages, freeing up your time to grow your business. After all, the value of your time is better spent elsewhere.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.